We believe every educator should have the confidence and authenticity to deliver a powerful, emotional, engaging experience that energizes you to go out and change the lives of everyone around you.
CB is the Global Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Ave, and a leader in education for L'Oréal.
Hundreds of thousands of stylists all over the world have been influenced and trained by Chris in his 40 years in education.
He spent years learning from the best. Then he distilled all those hard-won lessons down to a tidy set of principles he calls Fuel Education. Principles never change, and they apply to everything, like gravity. Once you know the Principles of Design and the Principles of Finishing, you’re set for life. Your only limit is your imagination.
With design and finishing education solved (seriously, ask any salon owner who uses it - it's solved), Chris now helps educators become legends in learning with the GLOBAL PEAK PERFORMANCE SYSTEM, centered around Knowledge, Artistry, Facilitation, and Performance. With GPS, the path to the peak is perfectly clear.
Imagine your super power was to see any hairstyle - no matter how crazy - and to instantly know how to recreate it.
Before Chris was recognized as a world leader in education, he spent years learning from the best. He has distilled all those hard-won lessons down to a tidy set of principles. Principles never change, and they apply to everything, like gravity. Once you know the Principles of Design and the Principles of Finishing, you’re set for life. Your only limit is your imagination.
Fuel for Design and Fuel for Finishing teach the principles in an easy See-Do format. First, Chris explains the theory and shows you how it works. Then, you do it yourself. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. CB takes you through it all, step by easy step. Review with the Manual, and test yourself with the Workbook. Before you know it your clients will be booking you months in advance.
And it’s all yours for less than the cost of a good pair of shears. Goodbye Guesswork. Hello Guest Work.™
Stylist Toolbox is a free app available for iOS and Android. Once you’ve created your account at StylistToolbox.com and purchased Chris Baran’s Fuel for Design and the Fuel for Finishing, they will be available to watch in your app. It also comes loaded with free videos from Redken and a live news feed from Chris’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Stylist Toolbox is effortless to use. Pause a video and swipe up to check out the Manual and Workbook right at the page you need. Schools and salons can buy multiple licenses so that all students have to do is log in and learn. Contact us to set up an educator account.
Some tips for using Stylist Toolbox:
• Stylist Toolbox is available for iOS and Android devices. Set up your account at StylistToolbox.com.
• You don’t need an account to access the free videos. Just swipe up from the login page and tap the Redken button.
• You’ll set up your login info for the app when you purchase Fuel for Design or Fuel for Finishing at the website StylistToolbox.com.
• Be sure to use your correct email address – if you make a typo you will not be able to login.
• As soon as payment is approved, you’ll be able to log into the app and access the videos.
• Download a video by tapping the down arrow on a video thumbnail.
• Exit the video player by tapping ‘done’.
• You can use the pinch gesture to exit the video description screen and go back to the menu.
• Videos will download to your device so you can watch them even after you leave your wifi. To free up space on your device, you can delete them by tapping the trashcan icon on the video thumbnail. Download them again anytime.
• We strongly recommend enabling notifications! We promise not to bug you needlessly. This is the very best way to let you know when new videos are available, or when we (rarely) schedule downtime for required maintenance.
First, turn to someone else in the room. Give them a high five and say, “I’m amazing!” Then, get Fuel for Design or Fuel for Finishing (or get both for a discount) at the Stylist Toolbox website. As you check out, you’ll set up your user account and we’ll send you a Welcome Email with your login information. Go to the App Store on your iOS or Android device and download Stylist Toolbox. Then, login and let the creativity explosion begin! You’ll want 5 mannequin heads for Fuel for Design. You only need a couple for Fuel for Finishing since there's no cutting.
If you're an educator in the hair industry, you really do need to master the principles before we can take you further. Where to next? Once you've got Fuel Education under your belt, you're ready to join the GLOBAL PEAK-PERFORMANCE SYSTEM at CoachChrisBaran.com for live mentoring with Chris and other superstars. Find whole new levels of mastery for your Knowledge, Artistry, Facilitation, and Performance skills.
I know, right? Truth is, in your spare time it will probably take you two or three months to get through everything.
Then it's practice, practice, practice. The goal is to get to that magical place where you don't even have to think about it anymore. The wonderful thing about Fuel Education is that you really can do this. Most other "systems" just teach you a few haircuts. Do you want to know a few haircuts? Or do you want to be an unbeatable ninja wizard hairstylist envied and admired by all others? Yeah, gimme that one.
In the videos, Chris sets up each exercise with some easy-to-understand theory and nifty diagrams, then he shows you how to apply it. And then it’s your turn to try it out on your own mannequin head. When you’re done, come back for the debrief, where he walks you through the most common mistakes. Follow along and practice practice practice.
We built Fuel for Design and Fuel for Finishing with the Workbook and Manual right in the app. From any video’s description you can swipe up for the Workbook or swipe down for the Manual (or keep swiping to cycle through). So it's all there. Everything you need. Just download and go.
Yep, it's really that easy.
You can definitely work on your own and at your own pace. That said, plenty of studies have shown that working with a partner will increase your learning and knowledge retention. Solo is super, and buddies do better.
Salon owners are our biggest fans. It can cost you thousands to bring in an expert for a day of training in your salon, and for many owners that’s still better than taking time away from your chair to do the training yourself. And staff turnover means training new hires every time. That’s crazy. So having CB do the heavy lifting for you makes all the sense in the world. Chris Baran’s Fuel Education is simply the best way to train new hires and to help your whole team reach their full potential fast. One evening a week will transform your business.
The most valuable education asset you can have is someone who can teach effectively. Chris trains trainers every day and he’s been doing it at the top of the industry for decades. He can’t be everywhere at once though, and that’s why he created Fuel Education. Use Fuel to train your trainers — then use Fuel to train your students. We like using an Apple TV to AirPlay the videos on the big screen so the whole team can train together. Your students will graduate ready to conquer the world. And just imagine the referrals!
There are plenty of educators out there who are good at what they do. What's rare is that educator who changes the course of your life. If you're lucky, you've been in the room with them. Learned from them. Been blown away by their magic.
You could be that educator. This is the program designed exactly to help you become a rockstar of education. Engage. Educate. Energize. Change some lives.
Beyond mastering the material, there are three areas of expertise that rule how effective you are as an educator. If you own those three areas, you change lives every time you're in front of the room.
Welcome to ChrisBaran.com. Fuel Productions LLC and/or its affiliates (“Fuel”) provide website features to you subject to the following conditions.
If you visit or shop at ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, or StylistToolbox.com, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future Fuel service or business, you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements (“Terms”) applicable to such service or business. If these conditions are inconsistent with such Terms, the Terms will control.
When you visit ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com or StylistToolbox.com or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email, push notification, or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Fuel or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Fuel and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Fuel or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
CoachChrisBaran.com, StylistToolbox.com, Stylist Toolbox, ChrisBaran.com, Fuel Education, Chris Baran, Fuel Productions LLC, Fuel For Education, Fuel For Design, Fuel For Education, Any Cut Any Style Any Time, Goodbye Guesswork, Hello Guest Work, Cut Action Media, Chaos Complex Entertainment, TimeSquared Software, and other terms and graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Fuel in the U.S. and/or other countries. Fuel’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Fuel’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Fuel. All other trademarks not owned by Fuel that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Fuel.
One or more patents pending or owned by Fuel apply to this site and to the features and services accessible via the site. Portions of this site operate under license of one or more patents.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Fuel grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Fuel. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Fuel. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Fuel without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Fuel’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Fuel. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Fuel. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com or StylistToolbox.com so long as the link does not portray Fuel, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Fuel logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PURCHASES MADE ON YOUR ACCOUNT
We take the security of your account seriously and employ industry-standard methods of ensuring your account security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account. By creating an account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. Digital purchases are not refundable. DVD purchases are not refundable. Other physical purchases may be refundable less the cost of shipping and restocking at the discretion of Fuel on a case by case basis. If you are under 18, you may use ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, or StylistToolbox.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Fuel reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at its sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visitors may post reviews, comments, photos, and other content and communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content. Fuel reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Fuel a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Fuel and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you indemnify Fuel for all claims resulting from content you supply. Fuel has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Fuel takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Fuel respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement below.
RISK OF LOSS
All physical items purchased from Fuel are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Fuel attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Fuel does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Fuel itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition. Digital products are not refundable.
Except where noted otherwise, the List Price displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself. For certain items that are offered as a set, the List Price may represent “open-stock” prices, which means the aggregate of the retail price for each of the items included in the set. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our partners, the List Price may be provided by the partner.
With respect to items sold by Fuel, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, an item in our catalog may be priced incorrectly. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Fuel. Your purchases from a partner through our site are charged at the time you place your order, and our partners may follow different policies in the event of an incorrectly priced item.
Parties other than Fuel provide services on this site. We do not warrant the performance of any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their websites. Fuel does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
This site and all information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site are provided by Fuel on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Fuel makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operations of this site or the information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site, unless otherwise specified in writing.
You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk to the full extent permissible by applicable law. Fuel disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Fuel does not warrant that this site, information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included or otherwise made available to you through this site, their servers, or electronic communications sent from Fuel are free of viruses or other harmful components. Fuel will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of this site or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
Certain states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
By visiting ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, or StylistToolbox.com, you agree that the laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Fuel.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, StylistToolbox.com, or to products or services sold or distributed by Fuel in which the aggregate total claim for relief sought on behalf of one or more parties exceeds $7,500 shall be adjudicated in any state or federal court in New York county, New York, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
OUR MAILING ADDRESS
Fuel Productions, LLC
159 Madison Ave, Suite 11G
New York, NY 10016
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Fuel with the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Fuel that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
* An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
* A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
* A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
* Your address, telephone number, and email address;
* A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
* A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
What personal information about customers does Fuel gather?
The information we learn from visitors and members helps us personalize and continually improve your experience here. Here are the types of information we gather:
• Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
• Email communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your email provider supports such capabilities. This helps us avoid sending duplicate messages to our users. If you do not want to receive email from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of every email, but be aware that this may prevent you from receiving important updates concerning your account.
• Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Among others, those other sources may include forms you submit to us at shows, or through other websites where you expressly request info from us.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that your computer stores through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to store items in your Shopping Cart between visits. It is very important to log out of your browser session when you leave our site if you are using a shared computer. We make an effort to protect your account if you forget, but the responsibility is primarily yours, just as it is with many other merchant websites such as Amazon.com.
DOES FUEL SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
The short answer is an emphatic NO. Information about our guests and members is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
• Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include credit card payment processing, hosting and delivering video content, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name or address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of every email, but be aware that this may potentially prevent you from receiving important updates concerning your account.
• Business transfers: In the unlikely event that ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, StylistToolbox.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets. In such transactions, customer information remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
• Protection of ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, StylistToolbox.com, and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fuel, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS MY INFORMATION?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Transport Security Layer (TSL) protocol, which encrypts the information you submit. Just like your bank.
• Credit card information is processed by an industry leading third party with the best security at their disposal. You can rest easy knowing your credit card is handled only by professionals.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party web sites.
CoachChrisBaran.com and StylistToolbox.com may also display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on the site or visits to sites linked to from CoachChrisBaran.com or StylistToolbox.com.
Although Fuel does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for hair education products).
WHICH INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, and StylistToolbox.com give you access, through your profile, to a range of information about your account and your interactions with the sites for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such site features as your profile.
• You can add or update certain information on your profile. When you update information, we usually do not keep a copy of the prior version for our records, so please take care when making changes.
• If you do not want to receive email from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of every email, but be aware that this may prevent you from receiving important updates concerning your account.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE THE SITES?
Fuel does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, and StylistToolbox.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, or StylistToolbox.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York.
If you have any concern about privacy at ChrisBaran.com, CoachChrisBaran.com, or StylistToolbox.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
If you choose to post a comment or image online or by email or in print, either directly to us or in another venue, you authorize us to use it, at our sole discretion and edited for clarity and brevity, for purposes of testimony or promotion, without limit or compensation.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our web sites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.